Wednesday, June 29, 2016

An Average Day



On an average day one might find me sitting at the kitchen counter making a few banners, sipping on coffee while my toddler quietly plays nearby.

Okay, not really.

Today, I had plans to drop the kids off to school, grab a latte and leisurely clean the house before the hubby got back in town. 

Oh plans, you never quite work out exactly the way I hope.

I ended up getting an email from work, and worked on paperwork for more than half of the day, and that's okay, because honestly, I love office work. 

However, I had to snap a pic of what my house looks like on the days that I'm filling Etsy orders or working from home. 

This little guy tears it up! 

Not quite as luxurious as I picture my days in my head. Luckily, baby is usually willing to "tean ut toys" when I ask. We picked up all of my little guys messes together, and I hustled to get the house in order and smelling fresh and clean.

During that time, I got to hear the "Cha-Ching" sound twice. Which is a big, Yay! Just this week, I mentioned that I'm hoping to ship a banner to each of the 50 states within the first year and what do you know, I added a new state to my map less than 48 hours later! 

Don't you love that we can send hopes out into the universe and blessings fall down?! God is so good.

Then on my way to pick up the older kids, this happened.

Baby wanted to wear sunglasses like mama and gave me the cutest pose ever, & yes, my face is chopped off because I am a no makeup, sloppy hair, old T-shirt wearing mess today, but that's okay. 

I got some work in, made a little money, loved on my little guy (we chased each other around, giggling a lot today) and I got most of the house cleaned all before it was time to pick up kids.

Today, may not have went according to plan, but it was a good day.

Most days are.

"It's not what you do, it's how you do it. 
It's not what you see, it's how you see it. 
It's not how your life is, it's how you live it."