Other Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

14 Days of Love: For Foster Kids


Well, it is officially the first day of February! Mmmmm hmmm, the month that is known for LOVE! Anyone who knows me, knows I am not afraid to be sappy & this sappy girl is super psyched that Valentine's Day is just around the corner! I believe that Valentine's Day is a day that gives us the opportunity to spread love to all... our spouses, our children, our friends, our families... anyone who is dear to our hearts.


I am honored to have partnered with a great organization that makes a difference in the lives of some littles that are near and dear to my heart, foster children. Recently, I have been in contact with the founders of FOREVER KIDS and I was touched by the energy and passion behind their organization. When foster children are removed from their homes they are usually given a trash bag and told that whatever they can fit into the bag, they can take.

As a foster family, we were saddened to see children arrive with a grocery bag filled with a few articles of clothing, and a toothbrush. Most times when children arrived at our home, the clothing they came with, was the wrong size or dirty and worn. When I hear about the things that foster children have to endure it always breaks my heart and I am always left thinking, it would be nice to do more...

So when I heard that Forever Kids Organization purchases suitcases (and fills it with a few character building tools) and gives them to foster children to carry their belongings in, I was inspired. The children are given a gift that they can call their own as they transfer to a temporary home and in many cases, from home to home... to home. I also learned that many older children who end up in group homes have been so grateful to have these cases, because they are able to lock them and keep their makeup, money and other personal belongings safe.


I really believe that this is a great cause and I hope that you do too! I love the idea of reaching out locally! I am hoping that together, we can raise enough funds to donate suitcases to a group home here in Arizona!

The girls and I kicked off the fundraiser this weekend at Dr. Bucks Wild West Show in Buckeye, Arizona & now the online fundraiser begins today! We'd love to have you help us spread love and compassion to these children. Visit the online campaign, share this on your page or email the link to friends!

14 Days of Love can be found HERE 









Thank you!