Other Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"I am Just a Girl"

I am just a girl.


I am a girl with hopes and dreams, a girl with faith, in much bigger things, than herself.


I am a girl who has made many mistakes, but who attempts to learn from them.

I am a girl who needs no one, but prefers to have someone. 

 I am a girl who gives freely, but sometimes holds on too tight.

I am a girl that values her existence, but sometimes asks why.

 I am a girl that has had a broken heart, but still believes in Happily Ever After.

I am a girl that believes in forgiveness, but has to work hard to succeed at it.

I am a girl that needs guidelines and structure, but has a tendency to do things her own way. 

I am a girl that wears makeup daily, but knows that true beauty is found within.
I am a girl who prefers consistency, but finds herself changing with each new day.

I am a girl who couldn't wait to grow up, but strives to preserve the innocence in her kids.

I am a girl that often forgets to turn out the light, but always remembers to follow it.

I am a girl who has so much to say, but usually keeps it to herself.

I am a girl who writes late at night, but never wants to get up in the morning.

I am a girl who embraces happy thoughts, but sometimes struggles to find them.

I am a girl that bounces from one new idea to the next, but has a hard time finishing what she starts.
 
I am a girl who doesn't believe it, until she reads it, but never checks the source.

I am a girl that is interested in life and in learning in new things, but that gets bored easily.

I am a girl who loves to buy all things girly, but has little interest in spending the time to get dolled up.

I am a girl who has experienced many blessings, but is most grateful for the trials, because of what they have taught her. 

I am a girl who loves spending time out doors, but is fearful of all the creatures that live there.



I am a girl who loves to laugh, but prefers to watch movies that make her cry.

I am a girl who needs her independence, but values the freedom that comes with submission.

I am a girl who reads every diet article she finds, but eats chocolate daily anyway.

I am just a girl, who enjoys, just being, a girl.